Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Monday

I'm having one of those mornings... the ones in which I wake up an hour earlier than usual to make an appointment and then get all my errands out of the way by 10am, leaving me weary before the day has even started.  It's a nasty day out too.  Fortunately there was some sunshine yesterday afternoon, but in general the last few days have been wet and gloomy.  And it's Monday.  All in all not the sort of morning that inspires motivation.

So today's post will be a bit mundane, just a list of the first three things that come to mind while I sit here.

1)A few days ago was the first time in years, maybe ever, that I looked in the mirror and didn't feel fat. Now I'm not saying I'm a twig or even precisely the weight I want to be, but I have managed to lose 30 pounds in the past year and a half.  I feel really good about that, and while I still have a few pounds to go, I'm glad I've stuck with it.  Exercise and eat right, my friends—that's the way to go.

2)The hubby and I have a few big decisions to make in the next few months.  I won't bore you with the details.  Let's just say I had one of these nights last night.  (Actually, I suppose in part my insomnia was due to staying up so late on the weekend and then knowing I had to get up early this morning.  Still... I was thinking all sorts of things about the future as I was drifting off last night.)  I'm feeling half paralyzed, half excited.

3)Writing is... going.  I'm in critique mode today, but once that's done I am considering working on a short story for a writers workshop that's coming up.  We'll see what happens there. Hopefully I'll have time to work on Annia's novel later this week.  That may depend on how quickly I get True Sight critiques and how much I'll have to revise.

And that's all for today.  Happy Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment