Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 YA Books I've Read

In keeping with last year's tradition, I've put together some of my "Top 5" lists from this year. Here they are:

Top 5 Books to Make You Think:
5. How Not to Be Popular (Jennifer Ziegler) 
4. Hunger (Jackie Morse Kessler)
3. Hate List (Jennifer Brown)
2. The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)
1. The Knife of Never Letting Go (Patrick Ness)

Top 5 Books for Hard-to-Please Boys:
5. Across the Universe (Beth Revis)
4. Incarceron (Catherine Fisher)
3. The Knife of Never Letting Go (Patrick Ness)
2. Pathfinder (Orson Scott Card)
1. Ship Breaker (Paolo Bacigalupi)

Top 5 Fantasy:
5. The False Princess (Eilis O'Neal)
4. Magic Study (Maria V. Snyder)
3. The Iron Queen (Julie Kagawa)
2. Pegasus (Robin McKinley)
1. The Shifter (Janice Hardy)

Top 5 Science Fiction:
5. Divergent (Veronica Roth)
4. Across the Universe (Beth Revis)
3. Ship Breaker (Paolo Bacigalupi)
2. Pathfinder (Orson Scott Card)
1. The Knife of Never Letting Go (Patrick Ness)

Top 5 Favorite Books:
5. The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)
4. Pegasus (Robin McKinley)
3. The Shifter (Janice Hardy)
2. The Knife of Never Letting Go (Patrick Ness)

And the best book I read this year...

1. Divergent (Veronica Roth)


Full list of all the books I read (with links to recommendations):

Ann Aguirre
--Enclave

Paolo Bacigalupi
--Ship Breaker

Holly Black
--White Cat

Jennifer Brown
--Hate List [rec]

Meg Cabot
--Being Nikki
--Runaway
--How to Be Popular
--Abandon

Orson Scott Card
--Pathfinder

Aimee Carter
--The Goddess Test [rec]

Cassandra Clare
--City of Glass
--Clockwork Angel

Rosemary Clement-Moore
--Texas Gothic [rec]

Ally Condie
--Matched

Lauren DeStefano
--Wither

Sarah Beth Durst
--Enchanted Ivy [rec]

Catherine Fisher
--Incarceron [rec]
--Sapphique

Gayle Forman
--If I Stay

Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
--Beautiful Creatures

Janice Hardy
--The Shifter [rec]
--Blue Fire

Diana Wynne Jones
--Cart and Cwidder

Julie Kagawa
--The Iron Daughter [The Iron King rec]
--The Iron Queen

Jackie Morse Kessler
--Hunger [rec]

Karen Mahoney
--The Iron Witch

Melissa Marr
--Darkest Mercy [Wicked Lovely rec]

Robin McKinley
--Beauty
--Pegasus
--Chalice

Lisa McMann
--Cryer's Cross

Patrick Ness
--The Knife of Never Letting Go [rec]
--The Ask and the Answer
--Monsters of Men

Lauren Oliver
--Delirium

Eilis O'Neal
--The False Princess [rec]

Erica O'Rourke
--Torn

Dia Reeves
--Bleeding Violet [rec]

Beth Revis
--Across the Universe

Rick Riordan
--The Red Pyramid

Veronica Roth
--Divergent [rec]

Inara Scott
--The Candidates

Maria V. Snyder
--Magic Study [Poison Study rec]

Jennifer Ziegler
--How Not to Be Popular [rec]

Markus Zusak
--The Book Thief [rec]

5 comments:

  1. You didn't read all of these in one year, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I have a library card (don't ask why it took so long to get one) I can start getting some of these! I tend to read the crap I get for free for my kindle, and it's usually embarrassingly badly written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw--did you ever get to finish all of the Maria Synder books? I finally found the book that Aaron was hoarding in the basement when I forced him to clean the room out for our party. It is here for you! I do need to come visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I bought the whole Study series for my Kindle. (I haven't read the last one yet, but hopefully I will sometime soon.) I don't have the Glass series though. But I do have Magic Study here that I need to return to you.

    ReplyDelete