Friday, November 30, 2018

NaNoPitchMo 30: AN UNWAVERING FLAME

It's the final day of NaNoWriMo! How did everyone do? I've heard a lot of success stories this year.

For my last pitch-a-day, I'm reaching back to the beginning of the month and the EMPTY LIES THE DARKNESS series I did then. I think this story line would fit really well in that world.

Part of the reason I'm drawn to this particular story is because I just finished reading The Light Between Worlds. It's a lovely book with some really evocative writing, but it's not the way I would tell a "can't go back home" book. AN UNWAVERING FLAME would be my response:

Veriss was traveling on the mainland when her entire home island was obliterated. Now she has nothing—no people, not even the ground of her home to walk on. In the space of a moment she has gone from temporary visitor to permanent refugee.

But the need for home drives her to forge a new life out of the scraps of her old one. She joins the crew of a ship setting out to explore until it finds a new land to settle. The journey is dangerous, with no guarantee of safety at the end, but the rest of the crew is as desperate as Veriss. They must learn to trust and rely on one other or they will all come to a final resting place in the watery depths.

No comments:

Post a Comment