Thursday, March 19, 2015

And the food worthy of my ode is...

*Dusts off the blog.*

It's been a couple weeks, yes?

We've had company on and off for two weeks (and more arriving any minute now). Plus the kid has been sick. In fact, I'm starting to feel on the verge of illness myself.

Which means that today you get the height of wit from me...

...an ode^ to macaroni and cheese.

*ahem*

You comfort me when I feel sick
My ailments you ease
I feel so much better after
Macaroni and cheese

My child loves you oh so much
He always wants "more, please"
Whatever would I do without
Macaroni and cheese

You are so easy to prepare
You make mealtime a breeze
In a pinch you're always there
Macaroni and cheese

*Takes a bow.*

Well, folks, that's it from me today. Have a good one!


^Technically not really an ode, just a trio of rhyming verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment