Thursday, October 13, 2011

While You Wait...

Things to do while you force yourself to wait and digest a good critique instead of diving right into the edits:

- Tap your foot

- Search YouTube for songs to put on your character play lists

- Check twitter obsessively

- Pretend to read a research book for your next project

- Work on the outline for the next project (that rapidly devolves into squiggles depicting scenes from the current project)

- Play Angry Birds again and try to get three stars on everything

- Read whatever is on top of the TBR list

- Write a blog post about how painful it is to wait and let the ideas percolate

Yeah...

I got a really fantastic critique this morning from Jamie Grey. It's exciting and motivating, and I'm having a very hard time reminding myself that I should let the critique sit for a few days before I go tearing through the ms. But mostly I'm very grateful to have such a fabulous critique group. Don't know where I'd be without my fellow writers. Thanks, you guys!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I totally know this feeling :) I'm glad it was helpful - can't wait to see what changes you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could critique something else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite ready to take a critiquing break for a little while at least. I've done so so many lately.

    ReplyDelete