On Monday Bridget tagged me for a 7 random things post, so here are seven very random things that fit my state of mind right now.
1. I realized the other day that I think of the alphabet in 4 sections: “before G,” the 2nd quarter mess (everything from H to M), the N-O-P/Q-R-S triads, and “after T.” I don't always know exactly where a letter is in its section without going through a piece of the alphabet, but I do always know what section it's in.
2. I've spent a lot of time in the past few months playing tafl for research. Verdict? I'm still terrible at it.
3. Yellow has been my favorite color for almost a year. My favorite color used to be green. Still is sometimes (for loyalty's sake and because I do love it). But not really.
4. Palindrome should not be a word. It should be palinilap.
5. Even though yellow's my favorite color, it seems I only wear purple any more now. Purple and yellow really don't go together. I don't care what color theory says about opposites on the color wheel, they don't work.
6. I haven't been swimming this summer. I really love swimming, but I never have a chance to go. Last time I went was a year ago, when I was at the beach and got stung by a jellyfish.