Monday, November 12, 2018

NaNoPitchMo 12: THE DOUBLE LIFE OF SARAH JAMES

A long time ago I read a book called Being of Two Minds, and the concept has stuck with me ever since. I think maybe that book gave me the inspiration for today's pitch. I've had this idea for years but never wrote it, and I probably never will. Still, I spent a lot of time daydreaming about it, and daydreaming is fun, so it wasn't a wasted idea.

THE DOUBLE LIFE OF SARAH JAMES

Sarah is a teenage fencing pro who competes with her best friend Mira on the national level. But in her other life, Sarah is Sahni, personal bodyguard to Prince Forwin of Pelth, whom she’s had a crush on for the past year.

Sarah can move between her lives at will, always inhabiting one while the other plays in her head like a background video. But lately the switches have become harder and more painful. When Mira nearly kills herself while Sarah is off rescuing Forwin from kidnappers as Sahni, Sarah blacks out entirely trying to switch back to see Mira.

With only a few more switches left in her, Sarah must make a choice between her two lives and decide which person she really wants to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment